ECP4, The European Composites, Plastics and Polymer Processing Platform (https://www.ecp4.eu/) is pleased to announce that the Bi-Annual Conference " Strategic Research Needs for the European Plastics and Composites Industry" will take place on the 21st of April 2021 as a virtual event.
Building upon the success of previous years and after the publication in December 2020 of the “Sustainable Plastic Strategy”, ECP4 is happy to invite you to this conference that focuses on trends and solutions for the circularity challenges of many plastic industrial sectors.
Take the opportunity to learn about the work of renowned plastics research centers in Europe which will present their most relevant projects and strategies to guarantee a sustainable future for plastics.
Programme - 21 April 2021
- 9:00 Welcome and Opening
- 9:10 - 9:30 ECP4 presentation
- 9:30 - 10:00 VTT Plastic Compass, Tuulamari Helaja (VTT)
- 10:00 - 10:30 Circular Textiles In Europe - Bottlenecks Along The Circle, Guy Buyle (Centexbel)
- 10:30 - 11:00 Capacities in polymers for multisectoral applications, Dr. Amaya Igartua (TEKNIKER)
- 11:00 - 11:30 (Recycled) Bio-Polymers for demanding Applications, Jan Diemert (Fraunhofer Institut für Chemische Technologie ICT)
- 11:30 - 12:00 Circular economy: successful case studies, Ferran Martí (AIMPLAS)
- 13:00 - 13:30 A step toward fully sustainable plastic solutions: Proplast’s success stories, Marco Monti (Proplast)
- 13:30 - 14:00 BioInnovative solutions for packaging circularity, Dr. Margaret Fournet (Athlone Institute of Technology)
- 14:00 - 14:30 Plastic Scenario Impact Model (PRISM), Esther Zondervan (TNO)
- 14:30 - 15:00 Innovative polymeric materials and coatings for transport applications, Elena Jubete (CIDETEC)
- 15:00 - 15:15 Chair closing remarks
- 15:15 End of the conference
21st April (9:00 - 15:15 CET)
Registration required, participation is free of charge.
About of ECP4
ECP4 The European Composites, Plastics and Polymer Processing Platform is an industry-driven collaboration that unites 25 members from 13 countries amongst the top-level European research institutions, regional plastic clusters, and EU-level industrial organizations of plastics and composites converters.
ECP4 brings innovation partners together to identify opportunities for collaborative Research and Development efforts that yield industrial innovation.
The objectives of the platform are:
- To provide networking and collaboration among research institutions and the industry.
- To facilitate the access of the European plastics industry to EU research programs, thus enabling SME’s to innovate, gain competitiveness and fulfil sustainable goals.
- To communicate on new technologies and their relevance for the plastics converters and the composites industry.